Monday, October 6, 2014

KAYC'S CHALLENGE: Art will be art...

I consider myself creative, but there are times when I lose my drive or I need some new inspiration and I go to my notebooks.  Over the years I have filled numerous notebooks with clippings from ELLE, Nylon, Fitness, Vogue, HGTV Magazine, ELLE Décor, Country Living... there are just to many to name.
 
When I read a magazine, I rip out anything that I find inspiring, unique, creative and start a pile.  Once a week I go through my clippings and glue them in to my notebooks.
 
When we were younger we used to make our own collages by taping magazine clippings to our walls and I want to see if you still got it!?
 
This week, I'm challenging you to create a COLLAGE!  My process is incredibly straightforward, but there is no doubt in my mind that you will create something extraordinary!
 

collage                          

noun                   
1. a technique of composing a work of art by pasting on a single surface various materials not normally associated with one another, as newspaper clippings, parts of photographs, theater tickets, and fragments of an envelope.
 
2. a work of art produced by this technique.
Compare assemblage (def 3).
 
3. an assemblage or occurrence of diverse elements or fragments in unlikely or unexpected juxtaposition:
The experimental play is a collage of sudden scene shifts, long monologues, musical interludes, and slapstick.
 
4. a film that presents a series of seemingly unrelated scenes or images or shifts from one scene or image to another suddenly and without transition.
 
collage. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved October 06, 2014, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/collage
 
Challenge: Collage
Medium: You Choose!
Due Date: You results must be posted by October 13th
 
Who hasn't wished for all of their favorite things to
be in one place at one time!?

No comments:

Post a Comment