Thursday, October 2, 2014

Challenge: Fall Beers = COMPLETE

Moments after challenging Carol to kick off challenge for a blog that I knew was so fitting, I had the challenge sent back my way! After accepting, I knew there was no way I could deny the summon! Through a super busy week at work, jammed pack weekend and no time to catch up with my thoughts, I was able to pull off the challenge that I thought was virtually impossible! Here is my results of the beers I could find!

PLEASE NOTE: Finding seasonal beers in Alaska is not always the easiest challenge. What I thought would be so easy turned into going to 4 liquor stores, searching coolers high and low and reaching outside the box. It was fun, rewarding and lived up to its name -- CHALLENGING!

Beer 1: Out of your Gourd: Pumpkin Porter! A tasty porter, but one that doesn't drink as a dark beer!! Plus...who can deny the label!

Beer 2: Shock Top - Pumpkin Wheat! I got this beer to try as a last minute grab for a Sunday Football Beer. However, Shock Top let me down! Usually a safe, easy, tasty grab, this one was bland on the taste buds and didn't have me reaching for me. 

Beer 3: Leinenkugels Oktoberfest! An easy pick, easy drink, easy share! A go figure for Leine's! Always a fridge stocker for me! Mellow, Smooth, Tasty!


Beer 4: Fireside Chat! As days get colder, we're constantly reminded FALL is HERE! Fireside Chat is an AMAZING pick up to warm up as the weather gets cooler! This beer gets up to my top two favorite beers discovered during this challenge!!!

Beer 5: Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Ale! You know we're sisters when 2 of our beers selected pretty much started with the owl's on the label (of course applaud Carol for my newly found Owl obsession)! This beer is AMAZING and if you get a chance to try it this fall, I'd highly suggest it! If you're looking for a true pumpkin ale, with pure pumpkin flavor and a kick of nutmeg, look no further!!! This is my NUMBER ONE pick form our 6 fall beer challenge!

Beer 6: Shiner Oktoberfest! A smooth, mellow, light way to end the night! This beer carries the flavors of a white beer full of citrus hints behind its Belgium flavored ale. A flavorful choice if you're looking for a change up on your typical Friday night drinker, but not a wise choice for a one night stand (beer) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment