Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FALL CHALLENGE: RESULTS!

I gladly accepted the beer challenge from Kayc. However, I wouldn't consider it a challenge... this is me we are talking about and I LOVE BEER! I do struggle with a gluten insensitivity but it's hard to turn around and walk away from shelves full of pumpkin and Oktoberfest libations (I'm working on my self control).
 
With that in mind, I headed to the liquor store last weekend to pick up some new brews! Amazingly, only one beer was a repeat, but it was for a good cause.
 
Beer 1: Alaskan Pumpkin Porter
There was no better way to honor my sister's challenge then to enjoy a beer from her current home - Alaska! This beer had the right amount of pumpkin, not overpowering in the least.  It was a delicious treat on a fall evening.
 
Beer 2: Schell's Oktoberfest
This is my repeat beer. Shell's is one of the most underrated breweries in my opinion. Oh, P.S. I am absolutely biased as I grew up in Southern Minnesota.


Beer 3: Traveler Jack-O Sandy
This was my least favorite beer that I had. It tasted like liquefied pumpkin pie, just not for me, sorry Traveler.
 
 
Beer 4: Anchor Brewing Big Leaf Maple Red Ale
THIS IS DELICIOUS! I don't typically drink red ales, but I'm glad I tried this one. I enjoyed this on the deck with my husband during dinner this week. The tinge of maple syrup is enough to take the edge off of the bitterness I experience in red ales. The only downside... we realized that we need to buy a rake.
 

Beer 5: Bell's Best Brown Ale
The only other thing that can rival my love for beer are owls. I fell hook, line and sinker for the label. It has a nice flavor, but the label is infinitely more awesome than the beer.

Beer 6: Newcastle Werewolf Blood Red Ale
This ale is a great way to wrap up this challenge. I've been sipping on the blood red while finishing up this post. It has definitely gotten me in the mood for October. It was also a beer to kick of my husband and mine's October tradition, a month long horror movie fest.
 Follow me on Instagram: @musesofasagittarius

No comments:

Post a Comment