Monday, December 10, 2012

VIII. Candy Cane Results

I could have made a candy cane dish every day of this month, so it was hard to zone in and focus on one treat.  When I first received my challenge, i immediately was going to make a holiday mixer, but I opted for something sweeter instead. I made Holiday Cupcakes with a Candy Cane Swirl!
Ingredients:

  • 1 box of cake mix (I had confetti cake on hand, I would definitely suggest using a white cake mix)
  • 1 jar of Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
  • 15-20 drops of red food coloring
  • 2 4 tbsp peppermint extract (thanks Jamin for the correction)
  • 24 cute muffin baking cups
Steps:

  1. Preheat oven and prepare the cake mix per instructions on the box.
  2. Enlist a helper.  Have said helper hammer peppermints into crumbs.
  3. Add the crushed mint and 2 tbsp peppermint extract to cake batter and mix with standing mixer.
  4. Reserve 1 cup of batter and put in a small bowl.
  5. Scoop cake batter into lined muffin pan.
  6. With reserved batter stir in 15-20 drops of red food coloring.
  7. Spoon red batter in to muffin cups and swirl with a knife.
  8. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
  9. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
  10. Once cool, frost with Whipped Vanilla Frosting, serve and enjoy!



    And Voila!
    They are rather tasty, but there is no way that Jamin and I can eat 24 cupcakes before they spoil, so we both will be bringing a treat to work this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment