Monday, December 3, 2012

VII. Wreath Results

I accepted the wreath challenge with great aspirations. I actually had to force myself to choose which sort of wreath I wanted to make.

From sticks, to stones, glitter and pine cones, I was prepared to create the Christmas Spirit..... So I thought.

I went to the store the next morning and walked through all the Christmas items waiting for the most perfect idea to pop. When I approached the flower isle, I nicely found a sale sign --- ALL STYROFOAM 50% off... YES, GREAT, AWESOME...NOT!!!!! All the Black Friday shoppers had cleaned the place out! Not discouraged, I wandered to the spice isle. There's just something about Cinnamon that warms me up! Looking for the Cinnamon sticks was exciting. I was already thinking about all the red fabric I had at home and how I could make my own bow and use the sticks as the core of the wreath..... til I found that a pack of 12 cinnamon stix were $9.00, and I needed easily 50 sticks.

With the tail between my legs, and 4 stores later, I found a wood wreath made up. I grabbed some fun decorations, dissembled them, and got out all my red fabric. I ripped small shreds tied the ends together to give it a rustic look and placed each festive piece to finish the puzzle. It is a fun welcoming wreath, now if it will just warm up enough so I can get something to stick so I can hang it on the front door instead of just inside the front door.


Although my wreath was not what I had wanted, hoped and expected it to be, it still turned out to pack a punch of Christmas. Don't get discouraged because all the pieces aren't falling together perfectly. Use this as a reason to go outside the boundaries!

Of course I look at yours and absolutely love it! HOW PERFECT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment