Monday, November 19, 2012

V. Chevron Print Results


I accepted this challenge with great enthusiasm, and lots of excitement. I jumped onto my computer and started looking for ideas, patterns, and templates to start my Chevron creation! I knew that Tuesday night was the only night I could book it to Joann’s Fabric, so I wanted a plan in my head before I went. Stuck between what to make, my mind couldn't decipher if a table runner to match the kitchen, a pencil skirt to wear for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or a fun new purse was my best choice, so I went in with the measurements to fit all of them.

After arriving at Joann’s and searching the isles up and down, I panicked. There was NO Chevron print to be found. Apparently it is “out” of season, and Chevron patterns only season is fall. So there I sat with my list of measurements and necessities for my sewing projects, and NO FABRIC.

I took a moment and got the hamster back up on the wheel. I started searching for the store for great deals, which is when I stumbled upon fabric paint. I figured, if I can’t buy the fabric…I’ll just make my own Chevron. I snatched the paint and headed to Target to get a gray shirt.


I got home to start designing. Using painters tape, I measured out the shirt and started making my Chevron pattern. Spraying it with a light coating of white fabric paint, and 4 hours of dry time, my Chevron print challenge was finished, and actually extremely cool! I had completely transformed a basic gray shirt into a stylish one that adds a fun touch to any outfit. Super satisfied with my design, I’m now waiting for the perfect reason to show it off to the world! What a super easy, cheap and fun challenge! This idea will stay in my mind for any future outfit remodels that I have.


Ps. I purposely did not make the Chevron strips the same size. I used 2 different size paint strips to keep the print from becoming uniformed. I really liked how it turned out with the 2 different sizes. It makes the shirt even more fun. The moral of the story for this challenge is -- DON'T EVER GIVE UP JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO FIND!


No comments:

Post a Comment