Monday, November 5, 2012

IV. Mittens


It’s official, we’ve set out clocks backs, the temps are dropping (probably more so for me then you), and the days are getting darker (also more so me, then you). But all this leads up to the fact that WINTER IS COMING. It’s time to start prepping for cute outfits that will keep ya warm when the sun sets and the temps drop low. So look at the fleece, feel the wool, pet the faux,  and touch the sweatshirt like material, because your challenge is going to need some warm material to turn this winter necessity challenge into success! 

Your challenge, if you choose to accept, is MITTENS!!!


In the past we’ve tried to make our own mittens – if you recall, they are tie dye, made of fleece, but not lined, so they are really only good for the looks. It’s only fitting that I still have these mittens and wear them almost every day. This morning when I put them on and went out to scrap the windows on my car, I had the most perfect ‘ah ha’ moment and challenge for you. 
 
So I dig out your sewing machine, load your bobbin, and get to sewing!!! You can look at and use any pattern online that you find, because sewing is something that needs a pattern.  However I urge you to use your sense of style and put a touch of “Carol” into your mittens! 


CHALLENGE DETAILS:
Inspiration: Winter
Medium: Mittens
Deadline: Sunday, November 11th @11:59pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment