Tuesday, November 11, 2014

CiCi's Results: "Owl" Let You Figure It Out!

I do have a weird fascination with owls.  As I sit here blogging at my kitchen table, I count 5 owl items or images staring back at me... gulp... it might be an obsession!  Without a doubt, an owl's best feature is their eyes, however, staying up all night is a close second!
 
I can't crochet.  I'm not patient and I become incredibly frustrated when I try because it pisses me off that I can't do it.  Sewing, is a breeze!  Counted cross stitch was a piece of cake to learn and embroidery... the easiest of them all!  Crocheting is the stuff that taunts me in my nightmares!
 
Ironically, I do have a drawer full of yarn, because "one day I'm going to teach myself to crochet." Also, I pilfered some of it from Kayc when she was in her knitting phase.  Periodically I check out crochet books from the library and I happened upon a pattern for an owl garland and it looked like a good beginner project.
 
  
I grabbed my H hook, ball of yarn and sat down to crochet. Struggling through the first owl, it didn't turn out to bad, but the remaining two (just when I thought I was getting it) ended up not working right and are lopsided, but alas, they have found their purpose in life... as coasters.
 
 
In a bind and pissed off because crocheting was smarter than me, I did what every normal person does, I googled.  I happened upon a YouTube tutorial for a Night Owl Eye Mask!  It's taken three long nights, but I've finished my own.  I'd like to point out that I did go rouge by chain stitching the head straps instead of using plain 'ol boring elastic.
 
It's not perfect, but I'm proud that I finished and it looks like it should.  I choose variegated yarn to cover any imperfections. This project has created an animal and I'm ready to get started on another one tonight!  Practice makes perfect!
 
 
Visit www.CrochetTalk.com or follow this link for pattern: http://youtu.be/DszDaYLIMjM?list=UUc7ne2xKgF-9KlRS9n8KoVQ
 
WARNING!
Yes family, this most likely means you will be receiving an awesome handmade gift this year, but at least it's made with 100% love!

No comments:

Post a Comment